Should a student feel the need to file a complaint or address a grievance the following procedures shall apply.
1. When a student has a grievance, he/she should initially try to resolve it directly with the staff and subsequently with the Head of the department concerned.
2. If the student is still not satisfied with the outcome, a formal appeal may be given by the student to the Student Experience Officer in Student Experience Office (SEO).
3. The Student Experience Officer would verify whether the issue was addressed to the department/staff concerned and whether due process has been followed. If it has not been followed, the student would be asked to try and resolve the matter directly with the staff and subsequently with the Head of the department concerned, as the case may be.
4. If the due process has been followed, the appeal along with details of the matter is forwarded to the Head of Department concerned.
5. The Head of Department would consult the staff concerned to collect any further details about the grievance and the action taken. Reasonable opportunities would be provided to all parties involved to be heard. The Head of Department would then take an appropriate decision, which is informed to the student in emails.
6. If the student still wishes to appeal against the decision by the HoD, the student may do so to the Assistant/Associate Dean (through the Student Experience Officer, Student Experience office)
7. Based on the nature of the issue, the Assistant/Associate Dean would look into the appeal received from the student, and would then take an appropriate decision, which is informed to the student in e-mails.
8. If the student still wishes to appeal against the decision by the Assistant/Associate Dean, the student may do so to the Dean’s office (through the Student Experience Officer, Student Experience office).
9. The Dean shall give due consideration to the appeal and recommendations of the Assistant/Associate Dean and resolve the matter appropriately. The decision of the Dean shall be final and the same shall be recorded.
10. The student would be notified of the decision and the grievance would then stand closed.