Our research agenda stems from the aim to support competence and commitment to inquiry and research. In the light of MEC’s vision and strategic development, MEC is continuously focused on research initiatives that contribute to quality enhancement of scholarly research, student innovation and research culture within the context of its strategic plan and value statements. As much as there is a need to improve learning experience and strengthen academic programmes, it is critical to strategically foster faculty research, student innovation and entrepreneurial skills. The Centre for Research and Consultancy at MEC facilitates the implementation of the research strategy and the realisation of KPIs associated with Research and Innovation.
The centre aims at seven important objectives:
- To support and promote applied research in line with the overall academic activities of the college
- To support scholarly research publications, staff development for research, staff and student collaboration, patents, research‐teaching nexus, and entrepreneurial initiatives
- To provide a forum and meeting place for the staff, students and professionals/practitioners to collaborate and learn from each other resulting in a high level of creativity
- To actively support the dissemination of research through own publications and by organizing conferences
- To explore and develop possible consultancy activities
- To realize MEC’s strategic goals through specific programmes and by coordinating with academic departments. Since the goals are developed on the basis of national priorities, this would help the College further align its research focus with the strategic direction of the country
- To support and guide Special Interest Groups focusing on a range of research initiatives that contribute to quality enhancement of research and innovation within the context of MEC’s Vision and strategic plan. Special Interest Groups engage in research activities that are not only in line with MEC practices, but also touches the daily lives of the citizens of the Sultanate and the global community.