Welcome to the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The department addresses to the human resource requirements of the emerging and growing specializations of Telecommunication and Instrumentation field. The department offers student led learning environment through modules covering different areas such as
• Electronics, Telecommunications, Control Systems, Embedded Systems, Integrated Circuits, Signal and Information Processing, Wireless Communication and Systems, and Software Development for Telecommunication programme.
• Sensors and Transducers, Electronics Instrumentation, Biomedical Instrumentation, Virtual Instrumentation, Process Control, Logic and Distributed Control and Computer Control of Processes for Instrumentation programme.
This learning is supported by well qualified faculty, well-equipped multidisciplinary laboratories, and active teaching learning pedagogies. The students are also provided additional workshop beyond the curriculum on advanced domain related topics.
The curriculum is designed to prepare students for successful professional careers in electronics and related field of engineering. The faculty members are putting their integrated efforts to groom the students in a good academic and research ambiance. Measures are also taken to develop the students with abilities for life-long learning.
Department's objectives are:
The Department offers the following programmes
The department has a well-established infrastructure and modern amenities to meet all the requirements for its programmes.
All the laboratories are well equipped with necessary hardware and software resources with the latest tools in VLSI, DSP, Telephony, Microwave, Embedded System and Digital Communication, etc. to meet the curriculum requirements and provide opportunities for additional learning.
Some of the laboratories available for the programmes are:
• Electronics Lab
• Communication Lab
• Digital Lab
• Embedded Systems Lab
• Digital Signal Processing Lab
• Control Systems Lab
• Sensor and Transducer Lab
• Projects Lab
Apart from in-campus facilities, students are provided support and guidance for regular and meaningful interaction with industry through suitably designed assessments, live projects, Industry expert guest lectures, Industry site visit and pre-graduation skill up-gradation workshops/training.
The department has a very active IEEE Student Chapter having 35 student members. The MEC IEEE Student Chapter was recognized as the best Chapter in Region 8 (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) in March 2018.
The department has two major research groups
IoT Research Group
• Embedded and VLSI System Design
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• RFID Systems
• Virtual Instrumentation
Image Processing Research Group
• Signal and Image Processing
• Antenna and Microwave Communication Systems
• Radar and Satellite Broadcasting
• Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Anilloy Frank, HoD
Office: IBR 201 - 17
Ms. Sreedevi Koottala, Asst. HoD
Office: IBR 201 - 14
Ms. Sana Al Ghawi, Quality Coordinator