The Department of Management Studies plays a vital role in supporting and shaping the careers of students. The modules offered by the department impart fundamental and specialized knowledge of business, its environment, and functions and equip students with the managerial skills required for the employment market.
The main objective of the department is to achieve the organizational vision and mission. We aim to provide the students with an environment to learn the conceptual and practical aspects of management and organisations that are relevant to their area of specialisation.
The specific objectives of the department are to:
1. Equip students with knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will enable them to perform effectively as individuals and professionals.
2. Provide opportunities to develop interpersonal, problem solving, teamwork and management skills.
3. Develop their abilities to understand emerging national and international business events and issues.
4. Ensure close interaction and alliance with the industry through guest lectures, workshops, seminars and field trips.
5. Emphasize on innovative teaching practices.
6. Lay the foundation for further education and professional development in the fields of Accounting, Finance, Management, Human Resource and Supply Chain & Logistics.
The department also collaborates with other academic departments at MEC and offers Management modules for their students to support their programme.
The Department of Management Studies is well-established with sufficient facilities to enable good teaching and learning. The department has spacious workstations for all faculty members with exclusive discussion rooms to meet students and modern ICT facilities. The department also has access to modern classrooms for delivering lessons, a well-stocked library including print, online and audio-visual learning materials, and a computer lab with accounting software & data analysis software and design labs for practical work, online learning and evaluation and hands-on experience.
|Dr. Mounir Dhibi - HoD||IBK room HoD||24531463|
|Dr. Vijayakumar, Asst HoD||IBK Staff Room||24531448|
|Sabah Al Harthi, Quality Coordinator||IBK Staff Room|