In light of MEC’s vision and strategic development, MEC is continuously focused on building research capacity that contributes to quality enhancement of scholarly research, student innovation and the development of a research culture.
Dr. Mounir Dhibi, Associate Professor, Department of Computing
PhD (Year 2006) in Computer Science and Telecommunication from University of Rennes 1 & Telecom Bretagne France
Dr. Mounir has vast international exposure in Computer Science and Telecommunication Engineering. His research interests include Data Mining, Belief function theory, Classification, Social network, Pattern Recognition and Image processing, Design of Learning Management Systems. He has published extensively in journals and conferences published.
Area of expertise: Smart City, Big Data, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing
Key Publications:Mounir DHIBI (2016), Classification of medical imaging by using an adaptive distance belief function estimation. Submitted to Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, 2016 Fatma Karem, Mounir DHIBI and Arnaud Martin (2015), credibility fusion of classifications for noisy data”, IJAMCS 2015. Imen JDEY, Abdelmalek TOUMI, Mounir DHIBI, Ali KHENCHAF & Med Salim BOUHLEL (2014):"Fuzzy fusion system for radar target recognition", IJCST 2014. John Puentes, Mounir DHIBI, Bruno Guias, Basel Solaiman(2009), Computer Assisted Venous Thrombosis Volume Quantification”, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine mars 2009. Mounir DHIBI, Renaud Debon, John Puentes, and Basel Solaiman (2008): Aided Diagnosis System for Venous Thrombosis Pathology Using 3D Segmentation and data fusion”, International Journal on the theory and applications of Computer Vision and Image Analysis. 5,8, 53-58, 2008.
Dr. Ali Abbas, Assistant Professor, Department of Computing.
PhD (Year 2015) in Wireless and Mobile Networks, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, South Korea
Area of expertise: Ad hoc sensor networks, heterogeneous networks, smart grid and health information systems
Dr. Ali has 7 years of professional experience in research and higher education teaching. He received his PhD on the topic of adaptive forwarding scheme for bounded time constraint in delay tolerant network (DTN) in mobile communication from Gyeongsang National University, South Korea, where he studied at the Department of Informatics. He holds two Master degrees: Master in Computer Networks from Derby University, UK (2007) and Master in Computer Science from Bahria University, Islamabad, Pakistan (2003). His research interests are in areas of information systems, wireless communications, network security and optimization techniques. Further development of the aforementioned general areas in the applications to ad hoc/sensor networks /machine to machine communications, heterogeneous networks, smart grid and health information systems. Prior to working at Middle East College, he worked as an academic and industry in South Korea, Pakistan and United Kingdom.
Key Publications:Ali Abbas, Babar Shah, Feras Al-Obeidat, Farkhund Iqbal (2016), “Bounded Message Delay with Threshold Time Constraint in Delay Tolerant Networks (DTNs)," In Proceedings of the 3nd IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart City, Muscat, Oman, March 2016. Feras Al-Obeidat, Babar Shah and Ali Abbas (2016), “A Meta-heuristic Approach for Developing PROAFTN with Decision Tree," In Proceedings of the 3nd IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart City, Muscat, Oman, March 2016. Ali Abbas and Ki-Il Kim (2015), “Adaptive Forwarding Scheme for Bounded Time Constraint in Delay Tolerant Network," 2nd Review, Computer Science and Information Systems. Babar Shah, Farkhund Iqbal, Ali Abbas, Ki-Il Kim (2015), Fuzzy Logic Based Guaranteed Lifetime Protocol for Real-Time Wireless Sensor Networks," Sensors Journal, 15(8), 2015. Ali Abbas, ChungJae Lee, Ki-Il Kim (2015), “Delay Bounded Spray and Wait in Delay Tolerant Networks," in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication at (ACM IMCOM'15), Bali, January 2015.
Dr. Prakash has more than 30 years of experience in academics, industries, defense and training. Area of research is Computer Graphics, Multimedia, Interactive Media, Digital Media, E-Learning, and Project Management. Published more than 25 research publications. A world-class trainer of Microsoft Project, Involved in various, diversified projects in India and Oman. Worked as a Deputy Manager (Training) in Asia’s premier aerospace manufacturing industry.
Key Publications:Prakash Kumar U (2016), Big data integration for transition from e-learning to smart learning framework, Proceeding of 3rd MEC International Conference on Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC), 2016, 978-1-4673-9584-7 Prakash Kumar U (2015), Embedding E-Activities in Higher Education – Initiation in Middle East College through Collaborative Learning and Game Development, Recent Advances in Computer Applications, Seoul, Korea,Year:2015, Page 168-172, ISBN: 978-1-61804-333-7 Prakash Kumar U (2015), Authoring framework for collaborative e-learning content development and integration, 8th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, Seville, Spain, Year: 2015, Page No-7703-7707, ISBN : 978-84-608-2657-6-201 Prakash Kumar U (2015), An Evaluation of e-Government Service Quality and the Impacts of Cloud Computing on Government Sector in Oman., Journal -GRENZE International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (GIJCTE), Mc-GrawHill Publishing, Vol III, Page 165-175, Year: 2015, ISBN 978-93-392-2169-0 Prakash Kumar U (2014), Optimizing Three-dimensional Graphics for Web-based Interactive Multimedia Applications, 2nd International Conference on “Applied Information and Communications Technology (ICAICT 2014), ISBN, 978-93 - 5107-285-0.
Dr. Prakash Kumar U, Assistant Professor, Department of Computing
PhD (Year 2015) in Computer Science, Singhania University, India
Area of expertise: Multimedia, Web and Mobile Application, E-governance, Project Management
Dr. Smitha Sunil Kumaran Nair
PhD (Year 2014) in Computer Science and Engineering, Manipal University, India.
Dr. Smitha has 13 years of academic teaching and research experience in various colleges and universities. She is currently coordinating the Computing modules of University of Wolver Hampton program in MEC. She has been actively involved in research since 2005. Her research interest is interdisciplinary including medical imaging, computational biology, and Big Data. She is co-supervising a Ph. D research scholar of MEC registered in Coventry University, UK. She has a modest number of research publications in International journals. She is a recipient of ‘Incentive award for Excellence in Faculty Research and Research Publications’, from Manipal University, India.
Area of expertise: Medical Imaging, Computational Biology, Smart City and Big Data
Key Publications:Smitha Sunil Kumaran Nair (2013), “A machine learning approach to Brain tissue segmentation”, Proc. International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology (ICACSIT 2013), Goa, India, Feb 17, 2013. Smitha Sunil Kumaran Nair, Subba Reddy N. V., Hareesha K. S (2013), “Prediction of amyloid fibril aggregates of peptide sequences: a soft computing approach”, Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science: Proc. The World Congress on Engineering, International Conference on System Biology and Bioengineering (ICSBB 2013), pp. 1351-1353, Imperial College, London, Jul 3-5, 2013. Zakiya Juma Khulaif Al Riyami, Fatma Mubarak Said Siyabi, Smitha Sunil Kumaran Nair (2015), “A Survey on the Bio-physio-chemical Properties Databases”, Proc. The 2nd MEC Student Conference 2015, Middle East College, Sultanate of Oman, May 19, 2015. Saud Sultan Al Rashdi, Santhosh John, Smitha Sunil Kumaran Nair (2015), “Sultan Qaboos University Mobile Application Strategy”, Proc. The 2nd MEC Student Conference 2015, Middle East College, Sultanate of Oman, May 19, 2015. Mohamed Musallam Khasib Al Rawahi, Smitha Sunil Kumaran Nair (2015), “Detecting Skimming Devices in ATM through image processing”, 12th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA 2015), Morocco, November 17-20, 2015.
Dr. Manju Jose, Assistant Professor, Department of Computing
PhD (Year 2014) in Computer Science, Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikannal, India.
Dr. Manju has 16 years of teaching and research experience in the area of Computer Science in various colleges and universities. She is currently Assistant Head of Department of Computing and Programme Manager for MSc IT at Middle East College. She has been actively involved in research since 2006. Her research interest is data communication in IP networks and IoT. She is also an external examiner for thesis evaluation in various Universities in India.
Area of expertise: Data Communications, Data Mining, Internet of Things, IP Networks
Key Publications:Manju Jose, Preethy Kurian, Biju V. (2016), Progression Analysis of Students in a Higher Education Institution Using Big Data Open Source Predictive Modelling, IEEE Xplore Digital Library: MEC International Conference on Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC). Available at :http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=7460352&filter%3DAND%28p_IS_Number%3A7460263%29%26rowsPerPage%3D50 Fatma Al Shuhaimi, Manju Jose, Ajay Singh. (2016), Software Defined Network as Solution to Overcome Security Challenges in IoT, 5th IEEE Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization. Manju Jose, Dr.S.K. Srivatsa (2011), Comparative Analysis of Techniques for Eliminating Spam in Fax over IP, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Security, Vol. 9, no.1, pp. 48 -52. ISSN 1947-5500. Manju Jose, Dr.S.K.Srivatsa (2012), A Comprehensive Study and Performance Analysis of Facsimile Transmission using GSM Fixed Wireless Terminal, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 44, No.2, pp. 31-36. ISSN 0975-8887. Manju Jose and Dr.S.K.Srivatsa (2012), “Comprehensive Study and Comparison of Facsimile Transmission in IP and PSTN Networks”, International Proceedings of Computer Science and Information Technology, Vol. 41, pp. 176-183. ISSN 2010-460X.
- Civil Engineering
Dr. Ram Kishore Manchiryal
PhD (2009) in Civil Engineering specialized in civil engineering materials characterization at Clarkson University - Potsdam, NY, USA.
Dissertation on Dielectric Response Based Characterization and Strength Prediction of Cementitious Materials.
He has 13 years of experience in field of material characterization, corrosion of steel, electrical properties of construction materials and Health monitoring of structures. He has strong hold on Non-Destructive Testing using Electrical Impedance Technique, Frequency Response Analyzer, Dynamic Resonance Testing, SEM, TGA and XRD.
He was also involved in national and international funded projects in USA and India during his research and work. He has written proposals, led a research group, and has been involved in developing an instrument to predict strength of concrete by measuring electrical resistance at fresh stage. His current research interests are sustainable construction materials, sustainable analysis and design of structures and health monitoring of concrete and steel structures.
Key Publications:Dr. Ram Kishore Manchiryal, Kiran Kumar Poloju, Chiranjeevi Rahul R, (2016). “Advancement in Physical Properties of Hypo Sludge Concrete”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (IJSER), Volume 7, Issue 9, pp. 1446 - 1454 Dr. Ram Kishore Manchiryal, Dr. Arvind Dewangan and Dr.D.P.Gupta, (October 2014) “Implementation And Analysis Of Strength Characteristics Of Concrete Using Crushed Stone Dust As Fine Aggregate.", IJREAS 4, (10) (ISSN 2249-3905) Manchiryal, R. K., Dewangan, A., Gupta, D.P., and Bakshi, R. K., (2013). ‘Stress Distribution Analysis of the Kaolinite Layer at the Kaolinite –Geotextile’ International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering 2 (3), 162-165.
Dr. Mohammed Abushammala
PhD (Year 2012) in Civil and Structural Engineering, Specialist in Environmental Engineering, The National University of Malaysia, Malaysia.
Dr. Abushammala has 9 years of research experience in the field of Environmental Engineering. His research interests focus on solving different environmental problems in the area of air pollution, water pollution, and municipal solid waste management; which included but not limited to the following topics: waste to energy technologies, municipal solid waste management, composting, landfilling, waste recycling, landfill gas emission and methane oxidation, Biogas, Biodrying, and expert system in environmental engineering. Published more than 30 papers in various international journals and 13 international conferences.
Area of expertise: waste management, landfilling, water and wastewater engineering.
- Mohammed F.M. Abushammala, Wajeeha A. Qazi, Mohammed-Hasham Azam, Umais A. Mehmood, Ghithaa A. Al-Mufragi, Noor-Alhuda Alrawahi (2016). Economic and Environmental Benefits of Landfill Gas Utilization in Oman. Waste Management & Research, 34(8): 717-723.
- Mohammad K. Younes, Z. M. Nopiah, Noor Ezlin Ahmad Basri, Hassan Basri, Mohammed F.M. Abushammala, Khairul Nizam Abdul Maulud (2015). Landfill area estimation based on integrated waste disposal option and solid waste forcasting using modified ANFIS model. Waste Management, 55: 3-11.
- Abushammala, M.F.M., Basri, N.E.A, Basri, H., Kadhum, A.A.H. & El-Shafie, A.H. (2012). Methane and carbon dioxide flux measurements from Sungai Sedu open dumping during wet season in Malaysia. Ecological Engineering, 49: 254-263.
- Abushammala, M.F.M., Basri, N.E.A, Basri, H., Kadhum, A.A.H. & El-Shafie, A.H. (2011). Regional landfills methane emission inventory in Malaysia. Waste Management & Research, 29: 863-873.
- Abushammala, M.F.M., Basri, N.E.A. & Kadhum, A.A.H. (2009). Review on Landfill Gas Emission to the Atmosphere. European Journal of Scientific Research, 30:427-436.
Dr. Hussin A.M Yahia
Dr. Hussin A,M has experience of more than 7 years in the field of transportation and Traffic Engineering. He was previously working as searcher in Sustainable Urban Transport Research Center (SUTRA), Bangi, Malaysia, after that Senior Lecturer in Higher Institute of Engineering Nalut. He became a Member in Transportation Science Society of Malaysia (TSSM), Libyan Scientific Community, Guild of Libyan engineers, Tripoli branch, and Sustainable Urban Transport Research Center (SUTRA), Bangi, Malaysia, as well Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE), UKM branch, Malaysia. He had many papers published in various National and International Journals in USA, UK, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Korea. He is also actively involved as a reviewer of articles sent by various International journals and the Conferences.
- Hussin A.M. Yahia and Amiruddin Ismail (2013), An Analysis of Traffic Accidents in Libya, and Some Mitigation Strategies. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(4): 285-290, 2013 ISSN 1991-8178 (SCOPUS Cited Publication),
- Hussin A.M. Yahia and Amiruddin Ismail (2014), Knowledge of Traffic Laws and Drivers Behavior on the Roads of Tripoli City, Libya. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. ISSN: 2040-7459; e-ISSN: 2040-7467. Maxwell Scientific Organization (SCOPUS Cited Publication),
- Hussin A.M. Yahia, Amiruddin Ismail, Shaban Ismael Albrka, Aldukali Salem Almselati and Mohd. Azizul Ladin (2014), Attitudes and Awareness of Traffic Safety among Drivers in Tripoli- Libya. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 7(24): 5297-5303, 2014 ISSN: 2040-7459; e-ISSN: 2040-7467. Maxwell Scientific Organization (SCOPUS Cited Publication),
- Shaban Ismael Albrka, Amiruddin Ismail, Hussin A.M Yahia, Mohd Azizul Ladin (2014), Application of Transyt-7f on Signalized Road Junction Networks in Shah Alam and Petaling Jaya. Jurnal Teknologi, v69, Issue 2. (SCOPUS Cited Publication),
- Hamza Irtema, Amiruddin Ismail, Shaban Ismael Albrka, Mohd Azizul Ladin, Hussin A.M Yahia (2015),Evaluating the Performance of Traffic Flow in Four Intersections and Two Roundabouts in Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur Using Sidra 4.0 Software. Jurnal Teknologi, v72, Issue 4 (SCOPUS Cited Publication)
Dr. Said Almaawali
PhD (Year 2014) in Civil and Structural Engineering, Specialist in Structural Engineering, from University of Science Malaysia, Malaysia. Dr. Said has 24 years of civil engineering experience in Ministry of Education as project engineer the head of projects and maintenance section. His completed his Master’s degree in 2007 and then his Phd in 2014 . He has also published 4 conference papers and submitted one journal paper. His research interest focuses on solving different Engineering problems in the area of Civil engineering, Wind engineering, structural engineering, concrete technology, etc.
- Said Almaawali (2015), "Prediction of basic wind speed for Oman ", The International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering (ICOCEE - Cappadocia 2015). Nevsehir, Turkey, May 20 - 23, 2015.
- Said Almaawali (2015), "Characteristics of Oman Daily Wind Speed", NCCPE 2015, “National Conference on Emerging Trends and Innovations in Chemical and Process Engineering" on 22ndApril 2015 in Caledonian College of Engineering, Al-Hail campus
- Said Almaawali (2015), “ DETERMINATION OF BASIC WIND SPEED FOR BUILDING STRUCTURES IN OMAN” ICCBT2008- International conference on construction and building technology, Kualalambur - Malaysia; 06/200
- Said Almaawali (2015), “ DETERMINATION OF BASIC WIND SPEED FOR BUILDING STRUCTURES IN OMAN – present situation” submitted and accepted from International conference on Civil and structural engineering , Singapore, May 2017
- Taksiah A, Shukri Y, Almaawali S and Tan C. (2015), “Statistical Prediction of Basic Wind Speed for Oman “ , International conference of Civil and Structural Engineering, South Korea, August 2016.
Dr. Mahmoud Dawood
Senior Structural, Construction and Project Management academic and practicing engineer with more than 18 years of experience. Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in construction engineering and management coupled with a proven extensive record of accomplishments in structural engineering. This includes thorough knowledge and solid experience in project planning, scheduling, cost analysis/ estimate, resource management, construction equipment’s/methods, risk management, safety planning, quality management, quantity surveying/specifications, value management/engineering, engineering economy, financing, delay analysis, contracts/bidding/tendering analysis, monitoring, tracking, system analysis, operations research, site management, construction visualization, and control throughout the project life cycle. An extensive experience in Building Information Modeling (BIM), and Geographic Information System (GIS) techniques with its applications in civil, construction engineering, and project management. In addition, a strong expertise in Project Management Office (PMO) methodology, applications of simulation and artificial intelligence in construction management as well as experienced in engineering design and condition assessment for various structural systems, including dams and hydraulic structures, bridges, seismic rehabilitation of concrete structures and bridges, power plants, substations, retaining walls, deep foundation and foundation supporting heavy industrial equipment.
- Dawood, M. (2016). “BIM based optimal life cycle cost of sustainable house framework.” Proceedings of the Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC) 3rd International Conference, March 15-16, MEC, Muscat, OMAN.
- Elbeltagi, E., Hosny, O., Dawood, M., and Elhakeem, A. (2014). “BIM-Based Cost Estimation/ Monitoring For Building Construction.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 4, Issue 7, pp.56-66.
- Alaryan, A., Elbeltagi, E., Elshahat, A., and Dawood, M. (2014). “Causes and Effects of Change Orders on Construction Projects in Kuwait.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 4, Issue 7, pp.01-08.
- Ibrahim A. Elbeltagi, Emad E. Elbeltagi, Mahmoud A. Dawood (2013). “Frame Work of Condition Assessment for Sewer Pipelines.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp.1833-1844.
- Elbeltagi, E., and Dawood, M. (2011). “Integrated Visualized Time Control System for Repetitive Construction Projects.” Automation in Construction, Volume 20, Issue 7, Pages 741-998.
Dr. Lema Dakssa (PhD) in Civil Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering in 2014.
Research interests: Geomechanics (soils and rocks); engineering properties of problematic soils (e.g. clay); foundations and settlements; sustainable geomaterials; and etc.
- Dakssa, L. M. (2016), Some aspects of rock slopes stabilization in urban areas in Sultanate of Oman; 3rd MEC International Conference on Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC).
- Dakssa, L. M. & Harahap, I. S. (2013), The performance of SPH method in simulating surface runoff along a saturated soil slopes; Int. J. Safety and Security Eng., Vol. 3, No. 2, 77-87.
- Haza Z. F, Harahap, I. S. H., & Dakssa, L. M. (2013), Experimental studies of flow front and drag force exerted by a subaqueous mudflow on inclined base, Nat. Hazards, 68, 587-611.
- Dakssa, L.M. & Harahap, I.S.H. (2011) Investigating unsaturated soil slope instability: a meshfree numerical approach, 3rd International Conference on Management of Natural Resources, Sustainable Development Ecological Hazards, Malaysia.
- Dakssa, L.M. & Harahap I.S.H. (2010) On the review of rainfall-induced landslide modeling. 1stConference on Sustainable Building and Infrastructure, Malaysia.
Dr. Omar Riyadh Khaleel Alobaidi
(PhD) 2013 (University of Malaya- Malaysia), specialist in Concrete Technology.
(MSc) 2007 (University of Technology-Iraq) specialist in Building Materials
Dr. Omar has 5 years of research experience in the field of Concrete Technology. His research interest focuses on producing High Strength Self compacting concrete in Malaysia by using local materials and the problems encountered. Studying the properties of local materials used in Malaysia and the effect of those materials on the properties high strength self-compacting concrete. He published four papers only and two of them were in high impact journals with Q1 ranking in the world classification of journals. Others were publish in procedia engineering journal by international conference.
Areas Expertise: concrete technology (High Performance Concrete, Sustainable Construction), and utilization of waste materials in concrete.
- Khaleel, O. R.; Al-Mishhadani, S. A.; Abdul Razak, H. (2011), The Effect of Coarse Aggregate on Fresh and Hardened Properties of Self-Compacting Concrete (SCC). Procedia Engineering. Volume: 14 Pages: 805-813
- Fayyadh, M. M.; Razak, H. Abdul; Khaleel, O. R. (2011), Differential Effects of Support Conditions on Dynamic Parameters. Procedia Engineering, Volume: 14 Pages: 177-184
- Khaleel, O. R.; Abdul Razak, H. (2011), The Effect of Powder Type on the Setting Time and Self Compactibilty of Mortar. Construction and Building Materials, 36 (2012) 20–26.
- Khaleel, O. R.; Abdul Razak, H (2014), Mix Design Method for Self Compacting Metakaolin Concrete with Different Characteristics of Coarse Aggregate. Journal of Materials and Design.
- Manchiryal, R.K, Persun, J., and. Neithalath, N., (2011). “Electrical conductivity based microstructure and strength prediction of plain and modified concretes”, International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp 83–94 (invited contribution)
- Manchiryal, R., and Neithalath, N., (2009). “Analysis of the influence of material parameters on the electrical conductivity of cement pastes and concretes”, Magazine of Concrete Research, Vol. 61, Issue 4, pp. 257-270.
- Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Basim A. Khidhir, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
PhD (Year 2011) in Mechanical Engineering from University of university Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia (UNITEN).
Area of expertise: Ad hoc sensor networks, heterogeneous networks, smart grid and health information systems
Dr. Basim A. Khidhir has 35 years of professional experience in research and higher education teaching. He received his PhD on the topic of predicting machining parameters for machining superalloy materials from University Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN), Malaysia, where he studied at the Department of mechanical engineering. He holds a master’s degrees in production engineering - machining from University of technology - Baghdad, (1991). His research interests are in areas of predicting machining parameters of superalloy materials through applying artificial intelligent methods. Further research conducted on machinability of composite material.
Key Publications:Basim A. Khidhir, (2016) “Comprehensive Study on Machinability of Titanium Composite” Journal of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering 04(02) · Basim A. Khidhir, Bashir Mohamed, (2010) “ Machining of Nickel based alloys using different cemented carbide tools” Journal of Engineering Science & Technology, vol. 5, issue 1, pp. 110-115. Ali, Moaz H., Ansari, M. N. M., Khidhir, Basim A.; Mohamed, Bashir; Oshkour, A. A (2014) “Simulation machining of titanium alloy (Ti-6Al-4V) based on the finite element modeling” Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering 36: 315-324.
Key Publications:Guangul, F. M., Sulaiman, S. A., & Ramli, 2014. Effects of operating variables on the resulting producer gas in oil palm fronds gasification. Renewable Energy 72, 171-183. Sulaiman, S. A., Guangul, F. M., Konda, R. E., Atnaw, S. M., & Moni, M. N. (2016). Estimation of Moisture Content of Oil Palm Fronds through Correlation with Density for the Process of Gasification. BioResources, 11(4), 8941-8952. Guangul, F. M. and Sulaiman, S. A. 2013 “Mitigation of Bridging Problem in Biomass Gasification by a Novel Approach” Asian Journal of Scientific Research, 6 (2). pp. 331-338. Guangul, F. M., Sulaiman, S. A., Moni, M. N. Z., Atnaw, S. M. and Konda, R. E. 2013. “Determination of the Equilibrium Moisture Content of Oil Palm Fronds Feedstock for Gasification Process” Asian Journal of Scientific Research, 6 (2). pp. 360-366.
Dr. FISEHA MEKONNEN GUANGUL, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
2013 Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia.
Dr. Fiseha Mekonnen Guangul has 5 years of professional experience in research and higher education teaching. He received his PhD on the topic of Estimation of Moisture Content of Oil Palm Fronds through Correlation with Density for the Process of Gasification. BioResources from University Technology Petronas, Malaysia, where he studied at the Department of mechanical engineering. He hold a Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering Addis Ababa University, Technology Faculty, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and a Higher Diploma in Professional Teacher Education Adama Science & Technology University, Adama, Ethiopia.
- Electronics and Communication
- Mathematics and Applied Sciences
- Management Studies